Medical Biller - Part time, Remote
Description: This individual will be a part-time, highly accurate, motivated, and independent Biller. Primary duties include, but are not limited to: coding and billing, posting insurance payments, follow up on unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports, filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement. Maintain strong relationships with providers, patients and staff.
- Reviews and processes claims electronically assuring accuracy to avoid denials.
- Works with physician & Billing Manager to resolve coding issues.
- Complete audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
- Accurately Post insurance payments electronically and manual entry.
- Follow-up of outstanding claims including filing appeals as necessary.
- Communicate with Billing Manager to discuss and resolve reimbursement/billing issues.
- Interpret insurance explanation of benefits for posting and follow up.
- Utilize monthly aging accounts receivable reports to follow up on unpaid claims aged over 30 days.
- Send patient statements as necessary.
- Assist patients with insurance/billing questions.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures.
- Possess a dedicated computer for confidential work
- Stable & reliable internet
- Certified Professional Coder; or previous adequate experience.
- Self-starter and motivated.
- A working knowledge of medical billing software.
- Understanding of Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations and CPT and ICD-10 coding.
- Understanding of private insurance rules and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work both as a team member as well as a individually.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Pleasant, respectful, and empathetic personality and disposition.
- Accuracy and management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- Knowledge of medical coding procedures, systems, and regulatory issues within multi-specialties.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information and clearly communicate medical information to professional practitioners.
Send Resume & Cover letter to: Info@hudbill.com